Friday, August 1, 2008

Echo and the Bunnymen - Bring On The Dancing Horses



I've been pretty lazy lately; Not much thrifting and even less desire to borrow a computer to post with. So rather post something that I think most people who read this blog haven't heard, I'm going to post something that most people who read this blog probably have heard. Why? Well, because I've been a long time fan of Echo and the Bunnymen, since I was a frail goth kid in high school so there's that. But also because this is just a really pleasant song. I love disco, soul and the cheesier side of new-wave a lot, which is why that is the majority of the stuff that ends up here. But the roots of my musical taste reside in the realm of goth, post-punk and the more serious side of new-wave. So this week, I'm going to go back to my roots, as I did in the Xymox post and post something that helped shape my taste. And like always this record is from a thrift store so I'm not just posting something off my iPod.

Enjoy.


(From Songs to Learn and Sing, 1985 Sire/Korova; On 12" vinyl; Found at Community Thrift on Orange ave. for $1.95)

No comments: