Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Simple Minds - Up On The Catwalk, Speed Your Love to Me, The Kick Inside Me



Simple Minds: you might know them from the Breakfast Club soundtrack, you might not. I know them as the band that, in my eyes, is everything U2 wants to be. Just solid work throughout without all that messiah status that Bono constantly tries to posture himself into. All of the tracks below are from the only Simple Minds record I have on vinyl, Sparkle in the Rain. I found Sparkle in the Rain on the same day I inherited the Nandy Collection. Alas, this is not a Nandy but it was the icing on the cake on a very good day for thrifting.


"Up On The Catwalk"


"Speed Your Love To Me"


"The Kick Inside Me"

(All tracks from Sparkle in the Rain, 1984 A&M; On 12" Vinyl; Found at Goodwill of Orlando, Michigan location for $1.00)


More Simple Minds:










PS: That last video, while not an amazing song, features an appearance of those silly "Kayne West" shades you see random dorks wearing when you go out drinking. If someone can find an earlier instance of those wretched things I'd like to know. Hate to think they started with Simple Minds.

No comments: