Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Brothers Johnson - Stomp!




The Brothers Johnson have had a sort of revival since last year when Justice sampled their track "You Make Me Wanna Wiggle" for Justice's debut album. And not too soon either. The Brothers Johnson are one of the great American funk bands. And they don't do too bad with disco either. "Stomp!" is one of their biggest hits, good enough for Nandy to break out the felt pen and circle it on the label. She also circled "Light Up The Night" and "This Had To Be". It's also worth noting the delightfully tacky cover art too. One of the best record covers I've seen.


(From Light Up The Night 1980 A&M; On 12" vinyl; Found at Goodwill of Orlando, Michigan location for $1.00)

More Brothers Johnson:



4 comments:

Koz said...

So I'm pretty much jamming with Kristie's family to this song. I think I'm going to make my life about this album. Ha ha ha.

Juan S. said...

So yeah. Brothers Johnson are straight up my niggas. Keep this shit flowin, son.

PS: "Nandy" is also my nigga.

OMG, It's Becky! said...

I am *still* looking for this on vinyl!!! Best album ever!!

Koz said...

You should think about tagging your posts with the artist and song name so it's quick to find. I had to search through your archives to find this gem. Just an idea. :-D