Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cerrone - Look For Love



What can I say about this record? Nothing really, except that it's the shit. I may or may not have actually jumped up and down when I came across it this week. And let's not talk about the post freak out, nervous anticipation of checking the sleeve to make sure the right record was in there. Nothing hurts your ego more than freaking out about an awesome record only to check the sleeve to find a Barbara Streisand record within. By the way, if I had a dollar for every Barbara Streisand record I came across in the thrift store, I'd be a millionaire. Even the suckers who bought those fucking records got rid of them, all of them. But I digress.

Cerrone is the greatest disco producer of all time next to Giorgio Moroder and this record is no disappointment. Clocking in at just over 10 minutes, "Look For Love" is the most epic of the 4 songs that could be crammed in on one disc. I didn't make a short version this time because all 10 minutes of it are well worth it and it never feels like it drags.

By the way, I found this at the brand new Goodwill on Curry Ford. It's really nice and doesn't smell like old people yet so if you've got the time check it out.


(From Cerrone IV:The Golden Touch, 1978 Cortillion/Atlantic; On 12" vinyl; Found at Goodwill of Orlando, Curry Ford location for $1.00)

More Cerrone:



1 comment:

Juan S. said...

CERRONE IS MY NIGGA!!!

Thanks for this pimpin upload. Everything this dude touches turns to mad fire.

I swear, dude, this shit is gonna come back in a big fucking way. And you and I can say "I fucking told you so."