Sunday, May 4, 2008

Edwyn Collins - 50 Shades of Blue



I had some different plans for what I was going to post this week, but I ran across this article and I decided it was definitely time to throw up some Edwyn Collins. Since suffering from two massive strokes in 2005, Mr. Collins has begun preforming again. But because of the damage done to his brain, he is now suffering from dysphasia and can't remember his own songs. From The Observer via CNN: "After my stroke I'd lost all the songs I ever wrote. I could recognize them as mine when I heard them on stereo but I couldn't remember any lyrics. That took ages, writing them out and relearning all the phrasing."

Here's "50 Shades of Blue" from the eponymous EP. Later this week I'll post a B-Side from the same EP.


(From 50 Shades of Blue EP, 1989 Demon; On 12" vinyl [45 RPM]; Found at Goodwill of Orlando, Michigan location for $1.00)

More Edwyn Collins:





EDIT (May 16th): Only one person downloaded this one so I'll save myself the time posting a B-Side. I'd still love to though, so comment if you want me to post one.

No comments: