Friday, May 9, 2008

Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood





In an effort to post more often, I'm making Friday "Nandy Day". Which means every Friday comes with more Nandy love. And love comes in no short amount this Friday; or lust for that matter. This week, a Quentin Tarantino favorite, Santa Esmeralda's "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood". A Latin/Disco, cover of a cover, and an epic one at that. This one clocks in at about 15 minutes, basically the entire first side of the record, so I edited it down to a shorter version. But I left the long one for your extended listening pleasure.

Nandy circled the entire first side and and "You're My Everything" on the second. This one has seen it's better days as the ends of the sleeve are frayed, leaving part of the record exposed.


(short version)


(long version)

(From Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, 1977 Casablanca; On 12" vinyl; Found at Goodwill of Orlando, Michigan location for $1.00)

For more Nandy, click on the Nandy tag at the bottom.

1 comment:

Juan S. said...

Yeah I love this song. It's on the Kill Bill Soundtrack, but I believe it only clocks in at 10 minutes, so I def need that long one....

(ps: that's what she said)