Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Carrie Lucas - I Gotta Keep Dancin'



This weeks post is belated but I do have two good reasons for my tardiness:

1: Daily life. I'm wiped out from the grind, friends.
2: I hit the jackpot again

I didn't hit the jackpot as hard as I did when I found the Nandy collection, but I did find about 10 pretty worthy records. Most of them I will eventually feature here so I don't want to disclose what they are as of yet. But I did find two records I definitely won't post because everyone is already aware that they are awesome: Aladdin Sane and Hunky Dory by David Bowie. Hopefully those records and the one I'm posting today will translate into an idea of the quality of records I picked up on Sunday.

But there was a tragedy among all the triumph. When I was flipping through the crate I came upon Kraftwerks' Tour de France 12" single from 1983. Got really excited and put it on the growing stack of records. Then when I picked out all the records I wanted, I did my routine of sitting down with the records and making sure they were all in the sleeves. This is where shit gets real: Not only is the record inside not Tour de France, it's a brutally fucked up copy of one of the many versions of "Planet Rock" (way too pissed to peep which version). So not only did I miss out on Kraftwerk, but I also get fucked on having "Planet Rock" on vinyl because some dumb bastard can't take care of his records. Motherfucker.

But it is intresting that it worked out that way considering the Soulsonic Force samples Kraftwerk in Planet Rock. But I'm sure you all already know that.

Anyway, to matter at hand. Carrie Lucas is the first from the new batch of records to go up here. She scored a hit with this one. Unfortunately, it was one of her few hits. All the way back from 1977, here's "I Gotta Keep Dancin'":


(From Simply Carrie, 1977 Soul Train; On 12" vinyl; Found at Goodwill of Orlando, Curry Ford location for $1.00)

More Carrie Lucas:

1 comment:

Juan S. said...

I Gotta Keep Dancin', so you gotta keep the disco rollin', nigga.