Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Cut - Kindness for Weakness



Really no idea what year this is from as the record label says nothing of a year and I can't find any information about The Cut online. Cut is a pretty common verb so if AMG doesn't have any info, no one does. What makes the research even tougher is the fact that there is another song of the same title by a group called Soul Children (great song by the way). But if my wagering is any good I'd go ahead and say nineteen eighty.....three? Take your guesses to the comment section if you wish.

By any measure, the track is pretty good. I'm sure by now 'yall know I'm a slave for analog synth and soulfull lyrics and this record has them both in spades.


(From the Kindness for Weakness promo single, year unknown Supertronics; On 12" vinyl; Found at Christian Sharing Center on 17-92 in Longwood, Florida for .50 cents)

Update: I fail at Google. 1986 is the official year.

2 comments:

Koz said...

The album was released in 1986

MANIFEST DESTITUTE said...

Mix and overdubs by Larry Levan!!! I got a copy today...