Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Damned - Street of Dreams + Shadow of Love



Halloween is a pretty big deal here at the offices of Found Vinyl. Horror movies are a nightly affair and the candy corn flows like bats from a belfry. So I figured, why not some Halloween-esque updates for October? So the programming around here for the next month will be a little different.

This weeks update is from a band that rode the crest of the Punk wave all the way to the shores of the Goth/Post-Punk movemnet: The Damned. This record by the Damned, Phantasmagoria, feels like the first chill of fall: refreshing and kind of moody without being overwhelmingly depressing. The B-Side of the disc is far more upbeat but still maintains a pretty candlelit like atmosphere.

Of course, I found this one at my favorite record store, the Goodwill on Michigan in Orlando, Fl. I found this one right around the time I was thinking about starting this blog so you could almost say it's one of the records that inspired me to start Found Vinyl.

Enjoy.


Street of Dreams


Shadow of Love

(From Phantasmagoria, 1985, MCA; On 12" Vinyl; Found at Goodwill of Orlando, Michigan location)

Old-School Damned:



More Newer-School Damned:


(LOVE this fucking song by the way. I'd shell out full price for this record)

No comments: