Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Skinny Puppy - Stairs and Flowers 12"



Skinny Puppy has long been one of my favorite bands. That being said, "Stairs and Flowers" is probably my least favorite single from them. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but not as much as other Puppy material. The remixes that appear on the 12" don't compare to the original either. They are okay but not great. There is one particular sample that gets annoying after awhile.

But that's not to say this single isn't good. The remix of "Assimilate" is very good. Pretty true to the original but sped-up, louder and more violent. The synths are pretty rich and the bass is pretty hard hitting.

"Chainsaw" is excellent too. It also appears on many other discs in this version but I'm still glad they included it here. It's probably one of my favorite Puppy songs, especially around Halloween.


Assimilate (Remix)


Chainsaw


Stairs and Flowers (Def Wish Mix)

(All tracks from the Stairs and Flowers 12" EP, 1987 Capitol/Nettwerk; On 12" vinyl; Found at Goodwill of Orlando 17-92 location)

More Skinny Puppy:



No comments: